Friday, May 02, 2008

Something funny.

Hmmm. Something funny, something funny. I got nothin.

I just got complained at via e-mail that I hadn't posted anything this week. But nothing really happened to me this week, so I don't know what to write.

Did I tell you guys that I got my glasses? I think I did. Besides, that was last week.

Well, did I tell you that this week I lost them? Yeah, that kinda sucked. I thought I left them at choir practice. I had them at choir Wednesday night and I thought I had them when I brought the kids home, but Thursday morning I couldn't find them.

I checked all of the places I usually set my stuff. I found my wallet, my phone, my keys, my MP3 player... but no glasses. Then I went and checked the car. No glasses. So I went back to my room and threw around some dirty clothes to see what they were hiding. Nothing serious. A goblin and a couple of quarters. No glasses. I cussed a bunch so that Rebecca would say, "What's wrong?" She did and I told her I thought I had left my glasses at choir. I expected her to say how she had told me I would lose them, because she totally did tell me that. But she didn't. She asked if I had looked in all the places I had looked. I said yes. She asked if I had looked in the car. Then I got all huffy as if it was somehow her fault that I was an idiot. So I skulked off to check the car again. No glasses a second time.

Finally I went inside and resigned myself to the fact that I must have left them at church. I was pretty angry with myself. At the carpoole lot I checked my car one more time, as if by some special magic my glasses would appear. No glasses. At work I e-mailed the choir and asked if anyone had seen them. Then I called the director and she said she hadn't seen them. Then I went home all in a huff, because those suckers were expensive. I got in my car, then went and got the kids. When we got home I got the kids out of the car and I found my glasses. They were right in the front seat. Right in plain sight.

Anyway, I grounded my children for a week for being a magical convergence where material things can disappear and reappear. Kinda like the Bermuda Triangle. Except they would be more like a biangle. They claimed that they weren't such a thing and I said, "You wanna make it two weeks?"

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I wasn't "complaining." I was just surprised.

Hope your kids learn their lesson after this.

S said...

"That's why we can't have nice things."

My husband has already started saying that to our daughter.

What is it with kids and glasses anyway?

haha!