Monday, July 14, 2008

Depression Sucks


Man, depression f-ing sucks.

On Mondays I eat fruit. Fruit because I'm trying to lose weight.

So anyway, I got this apple and I just can't finish it. I can't finish anything.

I'm such an f-ing loser and this stupid yellow delicious apple proves it.

Stupid teeth marks.

Stupid gap-teeth marks, slowly browning and becoming less savory.

Stupid sweet apple that grows more sour with each bite. And that still hasn't learned HTML or landed a job writing. And who is balding and day by day becomes less appealing. Stupid damn apple.

Stupid new job with a stupid new supervisor and stupid new co-workers who are stupid.*


*Dear Reader,

I may have forgotten to mention that recently my uber-boss hired a new office Supervisor. She is a dick with a penchant for delegating work on me when I'm already super laden. I am currently doing the work of 3 people and she casually walks into my office and tells me to build two new reports from scratch, and to please pick up this other report where this lady who is no longer with us left off three months ago.

"Ok, it's on the top of my list of things to pretend to do."

Anyway, so then the office Supervisor hires three new people; two at my pay grade and one just above me. And the one just above me is now my supervisor and I and the other two are now her team. And I have to teach them all what we do. At first I thought this would be fine because the lady who would be my team supervisor was a lot cooler than the office Supervisor - who is a micro manager deluxe - and the other two newbs would seriously lighten my load. Well, the team supervisor let the power go straight to her head in the four minutes it took her to walk from her old office a few floors up to the one next to mine. And the two co-workers keep wanting to come by my office door and say shit like, "Hello."

Stupid.

4 comments:

S said...

Why weren't you made bossman? How do you handle people on power trips? That is one of my biggest struggles...respecting authority when they are total bastards.
I lost my cool one day last week with my boss and ended up going to her boss to let them know what a toolbox she was being. Not my best moment, but God can still use me somewhere...maybe. I'm sure He can do the same for you...maybe.

aintshakespeare said...

I don't handle power tripers or micro-managers very well. I don't usually do anything harsh, like actually stand up for myself. But I do frequently write stories about how horrible they are and how innocent and wonderful I am. So maybe this new crop of bungholes will provide me with story material.

S said...

Unfortunately, I can't wait to see how they screw with you!

aintshakespeare said...

Yeah, sadly I agree. I am fully aware that the more miserable I am the funnier my writings.

Some of my best stories, not posted on this blog, are about my frustration and impassioned reactions to the crap I have to deal with at work. They tend to be 3 to 4 pagers though, so they don't typically make the blog.

What I have had to learn over time is that I need to be more tactful with my posts when said frustration comes from a friend or loved one. Sometimes they surprise me and actually read what I've written.

That last sentence, for example, is probably a less than tactful, passive aggressive way of telling said friends and loved ones, should they happen by, which they won't, that they don't read my blog often enough. See, I did it again.