Wednesday, October 01, 2008

October Treats

I do not consider candy corn to be a staple of life. I am under no delusions that it contains the same nutritive value as the corn that is not candy; which is to say, not much at all. For all of the heartiness that common corn lacks, candy corn lacks so much more than that that you would be certain that it must have a negative amount. I can neither confirm nor deny that suspicion. I can tell you, that I love candy corn. However, were it to be declared by the Surgeons General of every nation and state I would be ecstatic.

Candy corn does not make as good a tortilla as regular corn either. In truth, candy corn does not make a tortilla at all. If you smash it down to paste and then add water to aid in dissolving it and then shape the candy corn liquid into a round tortilla shape and then let it dry you do not get a tortilla. All you get is an orangish sugar wafer that is not at all flexible. If you forgive its lack of flexibility and proceed to eat the faux tortilla with meat and lettuce and beans and cheese anyway you will be shocked at how unlike a regular tortilla it tastes. You may even be moved to spit it quickly from your mouth.

If you could get your hands on some Candy Carne, Chandy Cheese and Bandy Beans. I’m sure you could make yourself a yummy candy burrito. Enjoy the sugar coma.

3 comments:

Adam said...

Not a fan of candy corn, myself.

I hope you actually tried making that candy corn tortilla, because that would be fantastic.

Adam said...

I must say that the first few lines of your comment kind of confuse me >_>. Sorry.

That's a great observation about beer... although I'm not a huge fan of it myself (I'm more of a rum-and-coke kind of guy, personally... I guess that makes me a pansy, huh?).

I'm not sure about curbing my finality. I think finality definitely has something to do with it... I mean, existentially speaking, when you really start thinking about the finality of everything/yourself, that's when you start losing hope, motivation, what have you. At least, that's sort of how it is with me. Like, my awareness of finality leads to entropy. So I try to curb that in the face of finality. They're definitely related, though... obviously.

But yeah, I'm all for recognition. I think that's why I want to be a successful writer and actor. I want people everywhere to think, "Adam Lauver? What an awesome guy!"

Whether or not that will ever happen... well... that's another story.

aintshakespeare said...

Holy Crap! There is a giant comma splice in that first paragraph! Why did no one tell me.

You people know I don't proof read.

ADAM: Ignore the first part of that post. I think I was making some horrible joke about the cheeriness of the topic of your blog. It wouldn't have been very funny even if I had pulled it off, which I clearly didn't.