Definitivity - the state of being definite, usually in relation to something that doesn't matter.
Example:
Man 1: I was told definitively that the meeting was in the conference room.
Man 2: Well, it isn't. You should be wary of such definitivity.
Or:
Man: You know, sky blue? Like the sky.
Woman: Ironically the sky is not really sky blue. It's an azure.
Man: I wish I lived in such a state of definitivity.
See? It's easy.
However, do not confuse DEFINITIVITY with DEFINATIVITY.
Definativity - (adj) the state of definitely looking like the Nativity from the gospels.
Example:
I thought the burn on my toast had a high degree of definativity, but my minister disagreed.
More often it is seen as an adverb:
The trash cans were arranged definativityly, with the recycling as the manger and the mailbox as a shepherd.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
ROFL! I'm glad I didn't see this until today. Definitely a Monday booster. So random and beautiful!
Post a Comment