Monday, February 26, 2018

44


44

I turned 44 last week.  I have very positive feelings about this year.  I cannot exactly explain why, but I think this year is going to be a good one for me.  That said, I am not just going to wait for good things to happen to me.  My past has proven that a great way to never have anything happen at all.  Instead, this year I am going to work hard on all of my various projects.

To that end, I have decided to begin an analog journal, a hard copy.  My effort with this journal is to record all of the little things I do throughout the day, such as water intake, steps taken, cardio, sweets eaten, et cetera, as well as all of the stuff I do toward one of my artistic goals.  I am hoping that over time a pattern will emerge that shows what actions I take that help facilitate good work and which ones hinder it.  Maybe by knowing that skipping my workout, and eating ice cream, and sleeping in generally result in the following day sitting on the couch watching Star Trek Voyager reruns again, I’ll be more likely to get off my butt and do something.  We’ll see.

It is still too early in the new year for me to have any solid results.  What I can tell you is that so far 44 seems more farty than 43.

No comments: