Monday, March 19, 2018

Getting Published


I have had this blog “tobecomeawriter” for about 12 years now (off and on).  In the beginning, I discussed my efforts to do just that – become a writer.  Primarily my posts focused on getting a job with [adult swim], but they were not limited to that.  In fact, I actually got a job with Florian Satzinger, an Austrian cartoonist. If you have been reading this blog for long, you are probably aware of all of this and you recall that the Florian Satzinger job fell.  Anyway, over time my writing here slipped away from my goal of becoming a writer and focused on just writing.  That was not so bad because, I believe, the writing was, for a while, still entertaining.  Then I slipped away from writing at all and I stopped posting.

Now I have returned to posting, but I still find myself divided.  I find that I don’t have a lot to write about.  In my free time I do a lot of writing, but I cannot post most of it here because I intend to submit it to various magazines for publication.  They do not like printing articles that are already out there for publication.  But I want to post here.  So it occurred to me: go back to posting about my efforts to get published.  So, henceforth I will tag all of my posts about getting published with “getting published”.  This will be for short stories, poems, novels and any other creative work I attempt to get recognized.

Your support, comments and advice is always welcome.

No comments: