Friday, November 03, 2006

Fainting in the ailes

Have you ever heard these stories about people fainting at horror movies? Am I the only one who thinks this is a load of crap. I mean, consider all of the people that visit these movies. Somewhere, someone is bound to faint. The PR people just have to wait for the report. They probably already have the press release written. "4 people fainted accross America at the opening of latest horror flick." I wouldn't be surprised to find out that people faint in every movie. 17 Children Faint at Opening of Disney's Lion King 8 Movie.

If anything the ridiculous wait times would cause me to faint. If I'm spending most of an afternoon waiting to buy a ticket with my knees locked and my only sustenance an abnormally large back of Skittles and a Coke, fainting isn't a possibility it's a requirement of Newton's 1st law.

And these multiple faintings are just as easily explained. One person steps into the theater and like a clumsy buffoon he trips and falls down; fainter number one. The person behind him wasn't watching and she trips over him; fainter number two. This continues for three or four people and suddenly four people have fainted at a horror flick that hasn't even begun. That must be one scary damn movie.

No comments: