OLDIES MUSIC :
D
minus
oldies suck.
I liked oldies for a period of time, I admit. back in the late 80s, when "oldies" were only 30 to 40 years old, and the only rock and roll alternative on the radio was hair band/glam rock music.
I'm one of those people who can't stand the same music over and over. I don't even know that the oldies were ever "good." Roy Orbison is cool, I guess. whoever the hell wrote Crimson and Clover was good. late Beatles are ok. but after a while even the diamonds in the rough fade. who can listen to this stuff again and again and still be entertained? it's like eating the same thing every day; day after day. I don't care what my options are, if I had to choose between one thing and poison, over and over, eventually I'm gonna choose poison.
ok, perhaps food is a bad example. I'd probably eat the damn food. but if I had to listen to the same music, over and over, day in-day out, I'd probably eat the poison. this is the main reason I don't listen to the radio anymore. I just can't stomach it. I'd rather hear nothing than be subjected to Smells Like Teen Spirit again; or anything off of 10.
in case you haven't been counting Nirvana and Pearl Jam's earliest music will be "oldies" in just a few years. they may have been cutting edge at one time, but that cutting edge is dull. it's just spreading butter now.
my heart can't take it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment