I got a promotion.
Yay.
I'm happy, I guess. I feel bad because I'm not as excited as I should be. There are millions in America right now who have no job, and I am not happy that I got a promotion.
I'm grateful for my job, don't get me wrong. But the promotion isn't for the job for which I applied. There were three job openings. All were business analysts; one with a focus on business services, one on statistics and one on IT.
I was going for the job that was focused on business services. But somehow I got the statistics job. I took a course on statistics in college. It was about 14 years ago. I'm sure I can do it. I just don't know if I want to.
On the plus side now I can tell people that I'm a statistician. And they will just nod because they really won't have a clue what I do. That makes two of us.
I guess I'll be buying statistics for dummies this weekend.
Resumes Sent: 4
Stories Sent: 2
My suckitude: 3
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment