Wednesday, December 09, 2009

401

In case anyone is keeping track, that last post was 400 for this blog. Making this one the larger, but far less commemorable 401!

My blogging usually picks up around the holidays. Maybe if I get depressed enough it will provide me with the inspiration to entertain you all will my misery.

Last week, by the way, I was told by a homeless person that I had 5 years to surrender to God. I don't remember his name, it was either Ronald or Roland. But his title was The One Eye'd Blues Man. He said that he was the son of a man who played blues with people whose names sounded almost familiar enough to be people who might have played along side of people who might have known famous blues players.

He said that he walked by me and was told by God to turn around and introduce himself. He asked my name. I hate telling people I don't know my name. It was a good year before I printed it on this blog. Anyway, he played Amazing Grace on the harmonica for me. It was actually pretty good. Then he talked to me for a good 5 minutes. I don't really know what he was talking about because there was a lot of mumbling and the cars and trucks going by make a lot of noise, but a lot had to do with the Bible. He asked if I knew that my name, Michael, was the name of the Archangel. I told him I did. And then, if I'm not mistaken, he said I was either AN angel or THE ARCHANGEL. I told him that I was not an angel and -tongue in cheek - said that he could talk to my wife about that. This apparently offended him and he told me that he didn't need to talk to my wife, that he knew. And he told me that I would hae to surrender to the Lord in 5 years time.

I said, "Excuse me?"

But there were buses and trucks and I really didn't understand what he was saying. Either I'm going to have kind of life altering experience that will cause me to want to change my purpose, OR, he might have been saying - and really, I'm not saying this guy was crazy - but he might have been saying that I would become the Archangel Michael.

I wonder if I get to choose.

No comments: