Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Submission Declined

So, update:

I submitted my first short to Frederator Studios for consideration as an Internet short animation.  It was declined.  I have to say, I agree with every reason they rejected it.  In fact, as I was reading it I kept thinking to myself, “STUPID! Why did you do that?”  lol

It is what it is.  A failure is a wonderful learning experience.  Unlike just about anyone else in any other medium who has denied my work – and I’ve been denied by some of the very best in many mediums – Frederator actually took the time to tell me why they were denying me.  That’s what’s called Constructive Criticism.  I’m looking at you, Poetry Magazine.

Years ago the webzine Ideomancer also gave me really good advice for a short story I submitted.  Back then I was an idiot and refused to take the editor’s advice and alter my story.  Who knows what could have happened if I had.  But aside from that editor and the people/person at Frederator who reviewed my idea, most places give you nothing.  Some don’t even give you a rejection.

What Frederator gave me was not just one thing, but many things I need to consider.  It’s much more than I could post here without going way into detail about the idea I suggested.  I may do it in the future as a “How Not To” guide.  But for now I’m gonna ruminate on their advice and see if I can work up another of my ideas into a story that is more in line with what Frederator is looking for.

Sigh.  I’m gonna go cry in a corner for about 15 minutes.  Then I’ll grow up and start fresh.

Here’s a pic of a goblin stippling project I’m working on.  I’ll drown my sorrows in lots of dots.

No comments: