Tuesday, March 21, 2017

I lied.

I know.   I know.
I lied.
I said I was going to post more.  But I didn't.
Then later, I said I would post more.
And again, I didn't.
Now I've gone about a month with no post.
I'm sorry.

At my birthday, which was recent, I looked at all of the projects I had floating around.
There are a lot.

I have a picture book of the Soft Ninja I want to do.
I have a distopian novel I started.
I have a children's novel I started.
I have two separate concept musical albums I've been wanting to record.
I have sketches I've written that I want to record.
I have poems I've written that I want to compile into a book.

The list actually goes on for a while.

The thing is, every couple of months I realize all of the projects I've begun, but abandoned.  When a project gets hard I start a new one because starting is so much easier than finishing.

But when I hit my most recent birthday I made a promise to myself.  I told myself I would not do anything else until I finished one of these projects.  A specific project, truth be told.  One of my oldest open projects: the children's novel.

So I've been writing.  I am making progress.  But it is slow.  It is hard.  The desire to cry is my partner.  In fact, by writing this blog post I am breaking my promise to do nothing else.

But I am going back to it now.  I don't know how long it will be.  I will not come back to this blog until the first draft of the book is complete.  But when I do return, I will have authored a book.

Even if the book sucks it will be a huge accomplishment for me.

I really hope it doesn't suck.

No comments: