Hello, Blog! Happy
New Year!
2017 was fairly busy and, as you probably guessed in early
2017 when I said I was going to try and post more in 2017, I failed.
I actually didn’t totally fail. I post to social media at least once a
week. But I usually post to Instagram. Instagram
has a very user friendly app and it is more conducive to art than the Blogger
app – which in my opinion sucks. So I do
most of my Blogger blogging on my work computer. That’s not so great when you are posting to some
accounts all over creation, at any time of day, but you have to wait until the
following morning in the office to catch up in other accounts.
Don’t get me wrong, Instagram does have its limitations. If it was perfect, I’d simply transfer all of
my Blogger posts to Instagram and delete this account. Instagram is great for posting art, but it is
my personal opinion that the writing I post with my art frequently – though not
always – gets overlooked. And since I
fancy myself a writer, this doesn’t sit well with me. Blogger is my one account where I can feel
free to go on and on and on and on………… (crickets chirping).
Ok, technically I can do this on my Tumblr
account too, but there is still something missing with Tumblr. It’s hard to put my finger on it, but I just
can’t get used to the format. Suffice it
to say that this Blogger account was my first foray into social media and I’m
reticent to just let it go. So, I'm not going to.
Resolution:
So, in 2018 I am – again – going to try to sync my accounts
so that, for the most part, what is on one account will be on all accounts.
Due to the difference in formatting, there will be slight
discrepancies between one account an another.
For example, most of what I post on Blogger or Tumblr or Instagram won't go on Twitter because of character limitations, but some will. Also, Facebook is a giant waste of time, so I
probably won’t post anything to it at all.

No comments:
Post a Comment