I dreamed that I took my family to this new restaurant called Stackers. It was a fancy, but very weird hamburger joint decorated nothing like a hamburger joint. It had this amazingly ridiculous jungle theme. Tree leaves and vines were hanging on everything and you could barely move without touching some kind of plant. They did not need walls because the trees and shrubs obstructed your view of just about everything.
You would expect the wait staff to be dressed in some kind of Hawaiian garb, or maybe something tribal, but you'd be wrong on both counts. They were wearing slacks, a tuxedo shirt and a vest.
The moment we were called to be seated my wife, kids and I were split up. This was part of the restaurant schtick. They split groups up and seat you just about anywhere they could find an open seat. You could not avoid this. All parties were broken up, no matter the age.
The restaurant predominantly sold stacked hamburgers; up to five or six stacks of meat, but they forbade anyone from doing the stacking themselves. You could order a three stacked barbecue burger, but if you dared to order three barbecue burgers and stack them yourself, you could be ejected from the restaurant.
The whole of your meal the waiter staff walked around on the lookout for stackers. At any point in your meal you'd hear, “Are you stacking? That looks like stacking!” And you had to argue your case with the waiter that you weren’t stacking, these burgers came this way. But once in a while you’d hear, “WEVE GOT A STACKER!” And a group of waiters would come and move you by force. Stacking could get you ejected or just moved to another table. So people would take the risk that stacking would get them moved to a table near their party or they’d try to sabotage the strangers they were sitting with in hopes of making room for one of their original party to be reunited with them.
I spent the entire dream mostly confused about what was going on while at the table with some woman I didn't know. At least three times in my dream we were having a pleasant conversation when a waiter came up to me and yelled, "Are you stacking? That looks like you're stacking!" I played a long at first, but by the third time I was tired of it. As the waiter and I were arguing some kid claiming to be my son came running in and said, "Daddy, I told you it's against the rules to stack!" So I just stood up and ran into the jungle of trees, hoping to find a table with someone I knew at it.
So... if I ever decide to change careers to "restaurateur"...
Monday, January 29, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment