Thursday, November 09, 2006

My underwear

Today I had but one pair of clean underwear left. The choice is a no brainer: wear the undies and do some laundry tonight. Except when I donned these patterned boxers I found that the elastic waist band had seen its last effective day, and it was now refusing to hold.

No problem, I thought. Once I get my pants on and my shirt tucked in and my belt fastened I won't even notice it. Well I noticed it. I looked into the bathroom and saw my former pair balled up in the floor, probably wet from shower drippings. I checked the drawer again and confirmed that this was my last clean pair.

So now I sit at my desk with quitter underwear. I used to believe there was nothing worse than a sock that had lost its will to stay up on the leg; a quitter. Now I know that the lazy sock has a lazy cousin. In case you have not had the opportunity to wear lazy underwear let me inform you that it is less than comfortable. Every step I take I think my pants are falling down.

Why I didn't throw these away the last time I will never know.

5 comments:

~Catherine's imperfect life~ said...

What a post,underwear.lol

Andrea said...

You could try hiking them up, then rolling the quitter waistband around the waistband of your pants, then cinching your belt over it. That might work.

aintshakespeare said...

Something tells me, andrea, that this would be just as uncomfortable on a woman as on a man. And I therefore wonder why you suggest it.

I already am a fool. I do not need to look the part.

This Is Just Me said...

saftey pin?

aintshakespeare said...

Safety pin. Yes, I thought of that. However, I was at work and had no pin with me. I instead chose to suffer. Thanks for the suggestion, though. The offending undies are no part of what I like to call "garbage." I think the brits like to refer to it as "rubbish."