Monday, July 02, 2007

Black Pants, Black Shoes, Brown Socks

I'm starting a new fashion trend. It's called, I suck at dressing myself.

OK, so this is nothing new. I'm not starting a new trend, I'm just joining an old one.

Seven or eight years ago I read in a Maxim article that wearing socks that did not match your shoes was a fashion feau pas. Since then I have always tried to have brown socks with brown shoes, black socks with black shoes, and et cetera. But the burdens of being outrageously hip have finally caught up with me and I just don't have the energy for it. That and my dark clothes did not get washed this weekend.

In addition to having mismatched socks I have not shaved today. To be more accurate, I have not shaved in four days. And my beard grows pretty fast. Once upon a time my beard was a lush red-brown. Now it is a less lush grey-red-brown. And I didn't comb my hair.

So, all things considered today would be the prefect day for a STAFF MEETING! Yay! My scraggly beard, unkempt hair and ill-matching socks were all so excited to represent me today. I wouldn't have been more uncomfortable if a bug had jumped out of my hair. Well, ok, I would have been a titch more uncomfortable had that happened. But only a titch.

Luckily for me most of my projects are rolling along right on schedule.

I feel really bad about the sloppiness of my person, but my mind has been totally preoccupied with other, grander things, of late. There is a potential job offer looming in my very near future. It's a writing job, and I am down right loopy about that. And I have several art projects that are exciting me quite a little bit. All things considered July is looking to be a very interesting month for me.

If you don't view my sketch blog regularly check here for my latest animation:

http://www.goodsomeday.blogspot.com/2007/06/bad-animations.html

It isn't great, but the possibilities are exciting. So exciting, it would seem, that I can't bring myself to shave. Or wash my clothes. I did brush my teeth, however. :)

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I thought your hair looked cute today. And the scruffy look is hot.

aintshakespeare said...

Hot, whether I am it or not, and I suspect not, is not the number one quality a boss is looking for in an employee. Especially when that boss frequently plays with swords.