I have one of my favorite Star Wars shirts on today, so I am hoping to get a lot of stuff done. I've never really believed in lucky clothes or lucky anything really, but perhaps that is my problem. Perhaps if I did believe in this shirt it really would be lucky and I really would be able to get a lot of work done. I'm sure that even if I did believe in the shirt the whole concept would be psycho-somatic; that my believing in the shirt would lead me to believe that by wearing the shirt there was no way I wouldn't get stuff done and that by believing stuff would definitely be getting done I would be removing from my brain the stress of the potential that stuff would not be getting done which would free up my mind to being creative and constructive which would inspire me to work and therefore stuff would be getting done, thus further enforcing my belief in the shirt that helps me to get things done.
Unfortunately I don't believe this shirt holds any lucky powers to help me get stuff done. It's not even that cool a Star Wars shirt. It's only my favorite Star Wars shirt by default. It's my only Star Wars shirt. My really cool Star Wars shirt had way too many holes in it and I had to finally admit to myself that it was no longer wearable. This Star Wars shirt is from Phantom Menace and Phantom Menace was toilet fodder.
In fact, this shirt makes me so angry because of it's lack of magic and disparity of magic in the movie which this shirt represents, that I am feeling angrily inspired to rebel against this shirt. I think I might have an idea that needs cultivating. Stupid shirt. Stupid uninspiring shirt that has, by its total banality, provoked me to inspiring myself.
UPDATE:
Two hours later and I haven't accomplished much of anything. Except hating this shirt. I have done that about seven times.
UPDATE:
Wow, half the day is gone and this shirt hasn't done a thing for me. In fact, I may have been the laziest I've been in years. Episode 1 sucks.
UPDATE:
Maybe I need some caffeine.
UPDATE:
I just went to a meeting. This was not, however, a stroke of inspiration. The meeting was planned weeks ago. On top of that I was totally superfluous in that meeting. I might as well have been sleeping. Hopefully the caffeine will kick in and I'll be jumping all over the constructivity.
UPDATE:
Ok, I totally got two ideas today and I actually worked on one. So I was productive. However, while I was working on it I got heartburn, which Cokes tend to do to me. Therefore, it probably was the caffeine that was the cause of my inspiration, not the Episode 1 (fourth string) Star Wars shirt. But it is impossible to say, which makes me even madder at this stupid shirt. Darth Maul is awesome. Mace Windu is awesome. Young Obi-Wan is awesome. Jar Jar = lame. Anakin = lame.
Thursday, June 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You should let your readers know what shirt you are wearing everyday. Inquiring minds want to know!
Well, inquiring minds do want to know the answers to the questions they are asking. However, I don't believe there are any minds, save perhaps yours, inquiring about what shirt I am wearing. In point of fact, I was not even certain what shirt I was wearing today. I almost looked down my dress shirt to see what T-shirt I had on beneath when I realized that I did not even want to know. So I will pass on the daily posts about my shirt/undershirt and stick with something a millionty billion times more interesting...
The four little dropplets of coke that I spilled on my office wall near my computer. They were spilled there years ago and not cleaned up. Thus they dried up and stained the wall with four little brown tear marks. An interesting fact about these four stains is that they look like four missiles falling towards base in the old 80s video game Missile Command. Except they are brown and the wall is yellow. Another fact, I have thought repeatedly about cleaning said spots up, but if I did I have no idea what I would look at to bide my time.
The comment above was not removed because it was rude. It was quite nice, and it may find it's way back on the blog. However, I didn't mean to post it just yet. I need to respond to it before I do. I apologize for any confusion.
Post a Comment