Monday, June 04, 2007

Bad Movie... Bad!

So I was in Ingles buying wine coolers the other night for a cheap, depressing buzz (I hate beer), when I saw these movie bundles. For $10 you can buy 13 movies of a particular genre. I got the 13 Swords and Sorcery Classics movies and 13 Horrorrific Classics. I knew they would suck. I was just hoping they would suck in that fun, "Holy crap this really, really sucks!" kinda way.

Well, last night I watched Blade Master, not the 2005 movie, the 1984 movie. Oh, was it bad. So, so deliciously bad. On the Good scale it rated a 2 out of 10. On the Bad scale it rated a 7. The scales are directly opposite. If you watch it, the two best scenes to look for are when Ator is tied up and watching the innocents get killed (I don't think he closes his mount for 5 minutes) and when he fights the giant snake.

Oh it was good. You're moving right along in this less than wonderful depiction of barbarian times when out of the blue (pun intended) Ator is flying a hang glider. He tells his team to get into the castle through a secret intrance, which takes a max of 30 minutes, then suddenly he's up in the air. Now Ator is a intellectual barbarian of sorts. He doesn't wear a lot of clothes. So there were no secret pockets in which he could have stored said hang glider. Persumably he built it from scratch, he cut the bamboo and tatch, strung it together with leather, and made the wings out of leather from an animal he must have killed, skinned and cured. All in the time it took is party to get inside the castle.

I highly recommend for a good hour and a half of really bad movie watching. See it with a friend.

No comments: