This past Sunday our lay-minister did our sermon. Normally he is quite good, if a bit conservative, but this week he was off. He made mis-statements and he said the opposite of what he meant. It wasn't horrible, but you could tell he was unrehearsed. Anyway, during the benediction, which is where the minister essentially says an ecouraging farewell blessing, he said, "Go now knowing that you have left the presence of the Lord and the fellowship of believers."
What what what?
I've left the presence of the Lord? Can you really do that? Can God choose NOT to be omnipresent? He must be able to. Otherwise He wouldn't be all powerful. So did God stay home this week? I guess so. God must've gotten a Nintendo Wii for Father's Day and He decided to stay home and play tennis.
I'm ever so slightly worried by this. On the one hand the Lord will be super relaxed and happy because of His awesome new gift. On the other hand, if Jesus beats Him in a game we could be in for some shit. I hope God's a good sport.
Monday, June 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment