Man, my office smells like a bathroom. More accurately a urinal. Dear Lord, what is that coming from. And by the way I don't mean my tiny little office, I mean the whole section of this floor.
What is that? Ugh.
*****
Anyway, on my way in to work today I saw another of those Chick Fil A advertisements. It was a big poster of four cow hooves and it said, "Show of hooves if you hate Hamburgers." Naturally there were some mispellings. Because cows don't spell correctly, everyone knows this.
Usually I like these Cow commercials. They are funny and the original concept was creative, but the longer it draws on the more it seems to be grating on my nerves. Not because I'm just annoyed with it. There's something a bit more disturbing underneath it all. The notion that animals are cognizant of their place as People Chow is a little unnerving. And if animals are aware why are chickens so much more suitable to eat than cows? And what do you think the cows think about the fact that they are negotiating with people to have us eat "fewer" of their kind. Surely they know that people are still eating their ilk by the tonnes. Can you imagine if an alien race came to earth and decided that they liked the taste of people and some other animal. Would we put up posters along the highway saying, "Raise your hand if you hate the taste of people!" And then imagine if these posters only had a marginal effect. Further, imagine those same invading aliens reading that poster, while eating a people burger, and thinking it was "cute." So anyway, the more of these advertisements I read the more they start to sound really Soilent and creepy.
When I read this most recent one, with the four hooves sticking up in the air, I couldn't help but wonder if those were computer graphic hooves, some really well done plastic stage props, or, perhaps, real hooves once belonging to a cow cum hamburger.
Monday, August 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment