Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Tie

I wear a tie to work on days when I expect to do nothing. I know that sounds the opposite of what you'd expect, but I treat the tie as a sort of executive camoflauge. The more I look the part the less likely people are to ask whether I'm keeping busy.

Today I am well shaved and showered and my hair is combed. I am wearing all matching clothes with belt and watch and my clothes are cleaned an pressed. There is no way I will be getting any work done today. I might as well be invisible. I could pull my bosses pants down in the middle of the lobby in front of the Commissioner and no one would know who did it. I blend in that well. If I had a jacket to wear with this outfit I'd probably disappear forever.

Man that's depressing.

Incidentally, my loyal readers, I am sorry that my posts for July were so spare. I have two writing projects that are monopolizing my time. Well, really it's just one. I have a project with an animtaion company that is really exciting. If everything works out well I may be writing scripts for an animated cartoon this company is pitching to a cable network. It's very exciting.

Here at home a friend of mine and I are working on a book. My part is actually already done. I wrote this book a while ago and recently my friend mentioned wanting to work with me. I was exstatic because he is a fantastic artist. So this is hopefully the first of many endeavors in the future.

The future is looking up!

No comments: