Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Truth Comes Out

I try to be a good husband. Yesterday my wife had a bad headache. She get migraines from time to time, and sometimes they cause the muscles at the base of her skull to knott up and ache. And sometimes the pain causes her a good deal of nausea. It was doing both this time so she holed up in our room to avoid the noise and bustle of the children. I tried to step up to the plate and do all of the nightly parental duties like preparing dinner, making sure the kids' homework was done, entertaining the children and all that stuff. I even took my wife dinner in bed.

Then after the kids had gone to bed and the noise level had died down she came out of the bedroom and sat on the couch to watch some TV in the dark with me. I offered to rub her neck and put Ben-Gay on the spot that was all knotted up. Anyway, as I'm rubbing her neck I hit just the right spot and she grips the couch as though she's about to hurl. I didn't know if I should keep going so I ask her, "Am I making you want to throw up?" And she says:

"Not any more than usual."

No comments: