Tuesday, August 05, 2008

money

Ok, most of you people probably already know that I'm not a big cussworder. I don't think I've ever cussed on this blog. You all probably also know that I'm not a great big liar-pants.

Anyway, today I feel justified in saying wtf?

1. About ten months ago I was promoted by my then boss to Ruby's position. When I inquired as to what my new duties were I was told that I didn't have any. I was told that I was too busy and that Ruby's job was going to be handled by someone else in the office.

2. About eight months ago my boss decided he was going to resign and come back to work as a contractor. And the job he was going to do as a contractor was my job.

3. After the meeting -that all of my co-workers attended- where I was told my job was going to be done by my recently formered boss I was called into my once-but-no-longer boss's office so that he could tell me that my new job was Ruby's old job; the one I had been told I would not have to do.

4. After I was given Ruby's shit job my once-upon-a-boss ask me exactly what I do. He was, after all, going to be doing it hence.

5. After my ex-boss regained his composure at learning exactly how much crap he had piled on to me over the years he decided that he was really only going to take one of my duties and that I could keep the rest. Along with Ruby's old job.

6. About six months ago, after my post-boss told me that I would still be doing all of my old duties along with all of Ruby's duties, my new boss informed me that I would also be doing Janet's duties.

7. About two months ago my new boss hired a new supervisor over me and two new co-workers to handle the overflow of work I had been given. To date they have taken one and a half of my duties.

8. Last night I kinda got in trouble for running over a toad in my driveway. I didn't do it on purpose, but my wife really loves when we come home and she sees it there. She's kinda into frogs and toads. It isn't job related, but I felt bad.

TODAY: My new boss, new supervisor and two new co-workers are meeting in the conference room for like the tenth time without me. What the hell are they talking about? They are f-ing supposed to be taking my f-ing duties? How the f- can I not be invited to any f-ing meeting they can possibly f-ing conceive of? WTF!

CURRENT MOOD: Not too confident about the security of my job... in a recession... with gas at $3.72/gallon.

New Word

*cussworder - one who cusses

org. cussworder is an Americanization of the British CURSEWORDER and from the medieval German die curseworderen, which comes from the Latin word: shitmouth.


**note: you know, based on the title of this post I can understand why one might think that I was going to talk about money ANYWHERE in it. I can only assume that at one point I was going to tie this post into a money discussion. For the life of me I can't figure out how I was going to do that. I think the past me was smarter than the current me. My intellect is like Merlin.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

ahem...You were given *ALL* of Ruby's responsibilities? At least you got a pay increase when you were given all that other stuff to do. Now someone 2 or 3 paygrades higher will be doing what I was denied a *temporary* increase because it's considered a "clerical" duty. Pffffft.

aintshakespeare said...

OK, that is actually very fair. And true. You were given several of Ruby's reports. And they are bitches deluxe; no doubt.

However, that does not detract from my whining. It only reinforces that our boss is a shit-cicle.