OK, we have some catching up to do.
Where was I?
You know that Economic Stimulus Package that Congress and Georgie passed? Well, I've spent the last 3 weeks on a team whose sole purpose was to expedite claims for money based on that act.
Basically I, and about 60 other people, reviewed the claims of Unemployment Insurance recipients in Georgia to determine if they were still eligible.
ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
This assignment was about 15 to 20 miles north of my regular office. The bus doesn't go out there so I had to drive. And guess whose breaks failed on Interstate 85 while on his way to this new and wonderfully temporary assignment: Mine did.
And guess who totalled his car: Me.
And guess who did not qualify for a loan to get a new car: Me again.
So guess who gets to buy his sister's piece of crap car: Yep. Me.
Oh, and while I was at my temporary assignment the wonderful Governor Sonney Perdue decided that the economy was too bad to give the employees of the state of Georgia a raise. Not in 2008 and probably not in 2009. So instead of getting a 3% raise in 4% inflation I will get a 0% raise in 4% inflation.
Here's to working harder to earn a demotion!
Sigh. It's almost enough to make me talk politics.
Tuesday, September 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Can't you sue your mechanic or something for not noticing the problem with your brakes?
Just an idea.
If I win the lottery soon, I'll share and buy you a new set of wheels. I just know it'll happen soon.
Post a Comment