Ok. I don't want to say this because it's only been about 6 weeks, but I'm pretty sure I hate my job. My new job that sucks.
I'm constantly freakin' busy. Every ten seconds my boss runs into my office and says, "You need to be in this meeting. I'm on the project now, but I want out of it and eventually you will do it. Oh, and when you aren't doing this, that and those, do that one also."
"But what about the ones from yesterday?" I might ask.
"What about them? Are they done yet?"
"When could I possibly have done them? No."
"Oh, that reminds me. You need to attend the training on time management, project management, management management and bullshit management."
"When can I possibly do all of this other stuff?"
"You'll learn that at the training."
"Fine. When is it?"
"Tomorrow. All day."
"But I have four meetings tomorrow that you scheduled. Three of them at the same time."
"And?"
-blink- -blink-
********
You have no idea how close to accurate that is.
Being in a job I didn't love was acceptable before. Then I had time to goof around, draw, write and post to the blog during the day. Now there's no time. And on the scattered few days when there might be some time to scrape together a blog post I feel all guilty because they've got me totally convinced that my new job is important.
"Michael, we're counting on you."
"What? For what?"
"For that thing this weekend that we talked about in the meeting. Very important."
"What thing?"
"The thing we've discussed every day for the last week? The crucial thing."
"Oh right."
WHAT F*ING IDIOT GAVE ME AN IMPORTANT JOB?
Didn't they know better?
And last Friday my boss comes into my office and says, "Did we mention that there will be a lot of travel in this job?"
"No."
"Oh. Well, there will be."
*%*#%*@$&%@#$&$w@#$%$%*#$@&%@##%*ING HELL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
If you happen to end up in Kansas during your travels, my husband needs some help with a few projects I'm sure you could squeeze in. Thanks!
I hate jobs and work and people. I feel sad and tired for you.
Post a Comment