Thursday, May 07, 2009



This my look like an ordinary picture of a small portion of my desk, but it is much more depressing than all of that. This is where my coffee is supposed to be. Last night I set up the coffee machine to begin brewing at 6 am. I set my cup out, along with fake sugar and fake creamer. I was up pretty late doing work and I knew that I would need the pick me up this morning.

So I got up and the kitchen smelled of yummy wonderful chocolate coffee. I put in the creamer. I put in the fake sugar. And I poured in the coffee. Mmmmmm. It smelled so good. Then I let it sit there for a moment because I hate boiling hot coffee on my tongue.

I went back upstairs to get ready for work. Then I came back down, got my computer and my notebook and left. On the counter top in my kitchen sits an undrunk cup of yummy coffee in a travel mug. And on the top of my desk is a cold area that should be warming under the heat of morning refreshment.

This depresses me and I am even less able to continue with my day.

No comments: