Friday, October 02, 2009

Same old, same old/and a Review

I checked again...

I'm still not magic.

I'm convinced that there should be magic in the world, but that some time in the past some jackass ruined everything somehow. Did s/he absorb all of the magic and then fade into oblivion? Did s/he banish all magic to another dimension?

I don't know.

All I know is that I'm pretty certain I should be able to throw fire, but I can't. I've held my hands in just about every way you can think of. I've said every word for fire I can imagine. I've done summoning poses like Moses parting the sea. I've don't fancy wind-ups like professional baseball pitchers. I've even tried flicking fire like a Frisbee. Nothing. Not even smoke.

My kids are disappointed too. They haven't said so, but I can tell. I don't even think they are aware that I am a magical failure. But to date I have performed no feet more spectacular than juggling, winning Mario Galaxy and being immune to all their attempts to tickle me. Granted, these three accomplishments fascinate them beyond belief, but I suspect they are anxious for me to take my magic to the next level and I cannot.

I should be able to throw fireballs. Or at least make the cat box clean itself. But to date the most magical thing I can do is yell, "STOP BOUNCING ON THE COUCH" from another room. "How did you know we were on the couch? We can't get away with anything!"

This is only magic to a 6 year old.


REVIEW
THIS MAGICLESS WORLD:
sigh - less than enchanting

As soon as I find out where the magic cork is I'm removing it. Then I'll be able to throw some serious fireballs.

I bet I could get a job in the circus juggling fireballs. Can you juggle a fireball that you've created? If it comes out of one hand, will it burn the other? I'll let you know.

No comments: