I'm currently in my office listening to my old boss give grammar lessons to one of his new employees. I'm not certain of the error that was made, but it has something to do with mixing present perfect and past tenses.
So you know: This former supervisor says "Supposingly" instead of supposedly. This is but one of his lexicographic foibles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Funny how that works. Those who can't do, teach? or something like that.
Are you saying radiators don't make cars run more smoothly?
Thanks for your comment on my beast, much appreciated.
OMG! I just found this blog and I'm reading your posts and laughing outloud all by myself.
I'm a transplant from NY to PA. Here they say "Supposebly," "irregardless" and "acrossed."
Yes! I hate irregardless! What does that mean? If I say, "Irregardless of the facts..." does that mean I do or don't care about the facts? I'm very mathematical in my grammar. A double negative equals a positive. Irregardless would mean you don't not care. It be better to say Irregard.
Thanks for stopping by!
Post a Comment