Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Part-time Quit II

I spoke with Rebecca about my Part-Time Quit© idea. She hated it and loved it.

On the one hand she is an employer. She manages a veterinary hospital. People are constantly trying to finagle schedule changes so they can have more time off or less time off. People want to work morning when they are supposed to work evenings and vice versa.

On the other hand, every time someone tries to part-time quit© she wants to part-time quit© herself.

Employee: Rebecca, I've decided to part-time quit©. I don't want to work Mondays, Tuesdays or Wednesdays anymore.

Rebecca: Oh, I'm sorry, but I can't process that request.

Employee: But why?

Rebecca: Well, I part-time quit© just a moment before you did. I'm currently off the clock.

Employee: What hours did you part-time quit©?

Rebecca: I part-time quit© all hours where I have to deal with bull-shit.

No comments: