I hate getting bad health advice. Now, when I say "bad" I don't mean that this is health advice that will hurt you. It simply doesn't do any good. Like someone saying, "In order to be healthy you should live a healthier life."
That's bad advice. Perhaps LAME advice is a better term. But I'll stick with bad.
So Yahoo had an article titled: 5 Foods To Never Eat. I was expecting it to say something like, The new 18,000 calorie Deep Fried Bacon Burger, or The Supreme Chocolate Pizza Smoothie. You know, stuff like that. But these were the 5 things you should avoid eating:
1. Sugar
2. Other Unhealthy Foods
3. Fats
4. Carbs
5. Processed Foods
Seriously? "Other Unhealthy Foods?" Are we so stupid that we need people to tell us that in order to stay healthy we need to not eat unhealthy foods? And frankly, shouldn't "Other Unhealthy Foods" be the bottom of a list of bad foods to eat? I mean, stylistically speaking, can you really say, "Other Foods" and then go on to list still other foods? Doesn't "other" capture everything that hasn't been mentioned thus far?
This teaser article was meant to get you to watch a video to get more detail. I didn't watch it. If you want me to have better health then you need to have better writing skills.
Here, I'll give you 5 Things Never To Do When Writing:
1. Never excessively repeat yourself too much
2. Never write not good
3. Do/Don't contradict yourself/others.
4. Never excessively repeat yourself too much
5. Always end by repeating one of the things you said previously to drive the point home never excessively repeat yourself too much
Master these 6 key things to never master and you'll be on your way to writing an article I'll never read with more respect.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment