What a mess. A dozen titans showed up on my doorstep two weeks ago demanding attention, lest they destroy my world. I’m still dealing with some of them, but I’ve managed to placate the majority.
Federal reporting is always a giant, but hither to I have managed to do it without much trouble. I have certain programs set aside specifically for this event that make it fast and easy with the added bonus that my boss and his boss both think that I have some special gift for this job. But this quarter we threw the machine in a vat of monkey wrenches. I’m still pulling them out, one at a time, attempting to fix all of the stupid issues. I think I’m down to just one or two wrenches left.
My kids went back to school. That usually relieves a parent of a source of frustration, but not this year. The school my son goes to decided that they were going to deny his transfer that they approved at the end of last year. It’s technically up to the principal’s discretion, but why deny something you already approved? So I had to appeal the decision. Meanwhile, my son had to go to a different school.
“Should I bother making friends?” he asked.
“Well, yes,” I said. “We don’t know how long the transfer will take.”
“But I don’t want to get close to these kids and then have to leave them.”
Though concepts for a kid. As adults we go to these places for week long conventions or business trips and we accept that this person we are about to have a conversation with we will never see again. But we are cordial just in case the network connection proves useful. Adults are so cynical.
And then there is my insurance company. After almost 2 decades of marriage and over 15 years with kids my insurance company decided it no longer believes my kids or my wife are legit. Now I have to prove they are mine. My kids were born ON THIS INSURANCE! How can they deny they are mine? YOU DUMBASSES PAID FOR THEIR BIRTHS!
And the one brilliant titian that made the rest easy to handle. I finally found a legit company that I can make my cartoon pitches to! I’m so friggin excited. I am almost done with my first. I’ll keep you people posted.

No comments:
Post a Comment