Ok, so I wasn’t really knocked out by a troll and I didn’t really spend the last five years in a coma. I know that story was completely believable, but the truth is I just abandoned this blog.
When I first started this blog I had very little kids and an unshakable desire to be a writer. Well, the desire to write never left, but the kids kinda grew up. Little babies cry a lot and you can ignore them some, but eventually you do have to feed them and change their diapers. As they grow, however, they become adept at getting all up in your business – including reading your blog posts that really aren’t appropriate for young eyes. And, truth be told, as I am a child myself, I played with them. And I got carried away playing with them. This is the primary reason my blogging stopped.
Well, that’s not all. I definitely took breaks because of my kids, but, my wife’s disability also reached a breaking point and we lost our home. That’s not funny, but it is true. Then she had to have surgery and there was a two year recovery from that. Currently we live in my parents’ basement while my wife recovers and my kids get old enough to not want to play with me or care about what I’m writing.
And also there is the fact that all of my social networking at work got me written up. As BS as that is, it’s also true. No one seemed to care that I always submitted my reports on time. Apparently it was thought that I could be turning them in more on-time-ier.
So, my beautiful kids, family stuff and work stuff put the kibosh on my blogging.
But I didn’t lie dormant. I just found other means to social network. Since quitting the blog I started a Deviant Art account, an Instgram, Facebook, Tumblr and Twitter accounts. Now my social networking needs a real hub for me to keep everything under control.
And finally, my art needs to be held accountable. So that’s what I’m going to do here.
Hence forth this blog will be where I
A. Do my casual fun writing
B. Keep track of all of my other social media*
C. Keep track of all of my outstanding art projects.
*I will not post all of my Facebook posts here as Facebook is more for my family. I also will not post all of my Twitter posts here since I suck at Twitter and half of what I post is some reaction to something someone else said and that would get super annoying for any blog readers.

1 comment:
Instagram: I will not post ALL of my Instagram here. I will post some, or perhaps most of my Instagram stuff here. But some of my Instagram stuff is WIP stuff. Here I'll just post the finished stuff.
Tumblr: I will not post any stuff from Tumblr here. If you read this blog you already read all of my Tumblr stuff. I'm terrible at Tumblr. Worse that I am at Twitter.
If you want to keep up with all things Michael Fleming then you need to follow this blog and my Instagram. That's where it's at.
Until further notice.
Post a Comment