I have always written stories. From the time I half-accidentally spilled a gallon of milk on the kitchen floor, I have told stories. Writing them down was so much easier. It is something I enjoy, and I'm kinda good at it.
But that's not all I do. I'm blowing my own horn here, but just pretend it's all true and that I'm a genius. I also write, sing and record music, draw, and paint.
Though I indulge in these artistic endeavors, I have never held a job of an artistic nature. Quite the opposite, I work for the state government. My job is very important to a lot of people, and I couldn't like it less.
So, recently I turned an age that I was not happy turning, and I realized that the more birthdays I let slip by without acting on my dreams, the less and less likely it becomes that I will ever amount to anything. And I want to amount to something.
This blog is an attempt to record my efforts at landing a job as a writer. From time to time I may throw in a word or two, here and there, about my music or my drawing. Mostly I will discuss my efforts to become a writer.
Monday, February 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment