Thursday, October 19, 2006

Dreams

So you know, I dream. I always dream, and so do you. I don't always remember my dreams, however. I do remember them some times, and sometimes they are interesting. And sometimes I have recurring dreams.

The most annoying dream that I have over and over again is a flying dream. There are no similarities from one time to the next except in how I fly. I may be on the beach or walking down a wooded path. But in every dream I can fly. I know I can. I can feel inside me the truth that I can fly. But I'm not able to prove it to anyone. Sometimes I have to fly to save myself or someone else. Sometimes I have to fly just to prove I can. Sometimes I just want to fly for myself, dammit. But in this recurring dream I can't get it to work all the way. But it is worse than simply not being able to fly. Oh I can fly in my dream. But I can only do it about a foot off the ground. I cannot get any lift. It is the most annoying thing in the world. And frustrating. Oh, it is so frustrating to be able to fly, and to know you can do it, but to only get a foot off the ground. Ugh.

Another recurring dream I have been having lately is a commercial. I actually dream that I am watching TV and I see this commercial. It is a commercial for Johnson's Nipple Band-Aids. These band-aids are specially shaped for nipples. Female nipples. I don't know if the intent is for women who are nursing, but the women in the commercial are not preggers, or even post.

In the commercial you hear this typical dignified woman talking about Johnson's Nipple Band-Aid. There is no build up to it. The commercial doesn't assume that parents need to shuffle kids out of the room, or explain why it is important to be talking about nipples. The lady just starts talking. And as she does a pair of tits, complete with nipples, comes walking by. They are NOT band-aided. The camera does not show a face, and it does not go low enough to see belly-button. It is all glorious boob. And this woman walks in conga line around an all white stage as more women start to file in behind her. Some are completely covered, wearing sweats or a T-shirt, or whatever. Some are wearing jackets that are open enough to see the nipples and boobs. Some are wearing T-shirts with holes cut out for the nipples to poke through. And of course, every once in a wonderful while, is a pair of completely nude boobs.

It is important to mention at this point that this is a totally medical thing. Nipple band-aids are important for posterity. The women of the world need to know these things exist, so these commercials have to air. And it would be absolutely silly not to show the product in action. It is totally ludicrous to suggest that the only reason for the boob parade is to attract the attention of men. NONSENSE! Sex cannot sell a band-aid. The women are toppless to make sure everyone is on the same page about what, exactly, a nipple is. And they need to show the public how to apply the all important nipple band-aid. Anyway, these women walk around for a good little while and finally they all pull these little round band-aids and they place them on their nipples. That's where the commercial looses my attention, but the lady goes on to say something about stretchy material and lotion on the pad and skin sensitive adhesive. I don't really care. I just want to see the beginning again.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I can honestly say you are the weirdest person I know. Normal people would just have pornographic dreams, but for some reason your subconcious tries to disguise it as an advertisement.

Nipple bandaids sound really horrible though--I can't imagine how badly they would hurt when you had to take them off. Areolas are very sensitive!

aintshakespeare said...

Pornography??? There will be none of that here! The nipple band-aid is a perfectly legitimate medical device for protecting the wounded and/or irritated nipple from harm. Plus it can disguise whether you are cold. And it is certainly not my fault that Johnson's decided to run such a risque advertisement in my head. They did not pay for the space, and I will be contacting their legal department to discuss compensation.

Pornography indeed. Try:
Practical Medicine
Medicine of the Future