Friday, March 28, 2008

Which Way the Wind Blows

Ok, so yesterday I had a meeting in the office of a lady I had never met. She works in the department in the same building as me, but I didn't know where. So I called the lady up and said, "How do I get to your office?" and she replied with the following:

"Take the elevator to the 9th floor then turn west. I'm at the end of the hall."


Turn west? Who says turn west when giving directions inside a building?

Yes, hop off the elevator and turn west. After you pass Baker's Farm you'll come up to Chippewa Ravine, next the the fax machine. It's about thirty feet from Lecher's Burrow, where Bob the accountant inappropriately ogled Paula's cleavage and had to go to the Sexual Harassment seminar in Greensboro. If you ask me Paula was wearing clothes that were seriously inappropriate for a work place, but nobody asked me. Paula was asked to resign not long after that because HR found out from a little birdie - who looks a lot like me - that Paula had a strip tease website. Irony of ironies, though... I hear that Paula and Bob are dating. Hand to God. Anyway, I'm thirty feet North-Northwest, across Cubical Forest, as the crow flies.


stupid.

So there I was, on the elevator, trying to figure out which way west was.

"Ok, our building is parallel to Andrew Young International which runs perpendicular to I-85. I-85 runs North <= and South =>. So that means... Wait a minute! If I go west as soon as I get off the elevator I'll be hoping right back on the friggin' elevator!"

Apparently what the lady meant was, 'go to the 9th floor. Turn towards Andrew Young. Walk about ten feet and go through the door. Turn left again then meander around about a thousand cubicles and make your way about 50 yards, then ask someone where my office is.'

sigh

No comments: