Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Wicked Awesome

My hair is wicked awesome today.

Most of you probably don't think hair makes a difference, but you are wrong. My hair, today, is Master of the Universe hair. And yes, that is taking into consideration that I am balding. If my hair were to fight your hair today I'm not sure you would survive. You've been warned.

I haven't written to the blog in a while. I apologize. Here are some things that have transpired since my last post that I have thought about posting, but... I don't know... I've been lazy I guess.

Sprinkles

So I was in the car with my kids and it was hot outside. We had the windows rolled up and the air conditioner on, waiting for my wife, who was in the drug store getting some medicine for my daughter. Then my son, who is 5, says, "Daddy, can I roll the window down?"

"No, Cole," I said. "It's hot outside. I want to keep the cool air in."

There was a pause and a sigh of frustration. "But I have something I want to throw outside."

"Well, I'm sorry, Cole," I said importantly, "But that would be littering. We don't throw stuff out the window just because we don't want to deal with it."

I was teaching him a life lesson, see. And to follow through with that lesson I was going to show him how to be the big person and deal with garbage. "Why don't you give it to me and I'll throw it away for you."

So I stuck my hand into the back seat and Cole gave me the thing. When I pulled my hand back and surveyed the item in my palm I asked, "Cole, what is this?"

"It's a sprinkle," he said.

Apparently "sprinkle," in Cole language, means booger.

"Ok, Cole," I said. "From now on you can throw sprinkles out the window."

That's it.

Hmm. Well, I guess that's it. It's been kind of a boring week. That might also explain why I haven't written much. Just my wicked awesome hair and sprinkles.

Boobs

Oh yeah. There were boobs. Apparently there is a Spanish singer from Spain named Alaska. And apparently she posed nude to protest something or other.

Anyway, I read one of those deep probing Yahoo articles about it to inform myself. I didn't look at the picture, though. I'm not really into that sort of thing. I am more politically minded than that. I was interested in the message this activist singer was trying to convey. And that message was: boobies, ass and boobies. And ass.

It is important, sexy women of the world, to be politically active. I don't know why more good looking women can be so activistic. Just last night my wife was protesting the fact that I hadn't taken out the garbage or done the dishes. I bet if she had been naked I'd have paid a lot more attention. (For future reference, Sweet-heart.)

PS. Activistic - having the quality of being good looking and naked and pretending that somehow your nudity is making a political difference.

PPS. The soap dispenser in the men's bathroom is empty. Someone get on that.

2 comments:

S said...

We all might be more inclined to be involved politically if naked time were part of the deal!
I've been meaning to comment on your other posts too! It's been wayyy to busy here and we are leaving for a trip to Kansas tomorrow. Keep writing! We love your words!

aintshakespeare said...

Wow, thanks guys. I love it when you stop by. Comments aren't mandatory. But they do make me feel good. It's nice to know someone's listening.

:)