Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Bathrooms

I've been in my new job for a week and a half now. I really like it.

My boss is cooler.
The work is more interesting.
The hours are flexible (better).
The dress code is more casual.
The staff is friendlier.
The staff development is way better.
The pay is better.
The view is better.

It's a really cool job. I'm just not sure if I can keep it.

See, the second floor, the one where my last job was, has auto-flush toilets. The fourth floor, where I am now, has manual flush toilets. I've been working here for two weeks now and I keep forgetting to flush the toilet. So I'll go and wash my hands and then, after I'm clean, I'll realize that I haven't flushed. So then I have to go flush and wash my hands again. That wouldn't be so bad, but the towel dispenser is always broken. It's bad enough having to struggle to get the towels out the first time you wash, but having to do it all over again? I might have to beg my old job back.

Or stop washing my hands.



Resumes Sent: 4
Stories Sent: 4
Stories Rejected: 3.5 - Still working on the second draft for Ideomancer. I have been so busy with the new job that I haven't had time to work on it, or on the blog. Lame excuse, I know.

No comments: