After my last, What's in a name post, one of my loyal readers said:
That is awesome! I've always named my vehicles. I had a chev blazer similar to your jimmy, named Wade. Not the greatest vehicle name now that I sit here and read it. I'm ashamed.
-S
Well, I think Wade is a cool name.
I've always found it funny when people name things or pets regular people names - and not cool ones either.
I think I'll start naming all of my pets after my kids.
"Daddy, why does the dog have the same name as me?"
"It's a competition to see who can be better behaved."
"Oh," my son would say pitifully. Then he would brighten up. "The dog crapped on the floor twice today! So I'm doing better, right?"
"Well, didn't you go to the Principal's office today?"
"Yeah," he'd say gloomily. "But I didn't crap on his floor."
"All right then. So far today you're the better child. But you'd better run and clean your room just to be sure."
Resumes Sent: 4
Stories Sent: 4
Stories Rejected: 3.5
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment