Monday, May 03, 2010

You should all be very proud of me. I busted my hump and got some things done this weekend. None of them really qualify as projects, but they were jobs.

Here you can see our Petunias and our new solar powered lights. Digging this ground up was a horrible chore. Just rocks upon rocks. But once it was done putting the lights in was easy. However, this morning a deluge of rain hit our house and I’m afraid it may actually wash the lights away.

We’ll see. Anyway, it was a big job and it is done. This guy helped:


Some people think garden gnomes are cheesy. They are. But I like them. I like them when they are not prominent or big. I like them relatively hidden, where finding them is a little surprise. I haven’t thought of a place for this guy yet, but it will be in the back yard somewhere. I’m worried that if I put him in the front yard he’ll get gnome-napped. Theft of magical creatures has escalated in this region of the world. We must protect our unreal cohabitants.

I got a lot of non-yard work stuff done too. I worked out. Whoo hoo! Shortly afterwards I died. And I went through about half of my basket of projects to find the ones I would consider as suitable for my challenge.

So far it is looking like the best two projects for the challenge are the 3D Snow Scene, as I am so deep into it already, and it was recent enough that I still recall everything that I was doing, the Birds and the Bees book, as I have the whole story laid out, and Bunny Wars – the comic book – as it is fairly nearly done also. While I was looking, however, I found several clips of stories that I had long forgotten about. Some new ideas began to brew in my head for how I might combine these into a cohesive book. We’ll have to see.

And, of course, as I am gearing up to really start plugging away at this mystery project my boss announces that he has been promoted. This in and of itself is not an issue, however, two people already have suggested I apply for his position. That means more time at work, less time to goof off, and about two months of interview preparation. But the money would be so nice.

No comments: