Am I the only person who thinks that buttered popcorn and warm urine are just about the same smell?
If there was a smell wheel, like the color wheel but with smells, I think urine and buttered popcorn would be side by side; like yellow and slightly golden yellow.
I think that there are a lot of delicious and beautiful smells that are just the slightest variation away from putrid and disgusting. When I was in college the appartment complex I lived in had a long row of trees that bloomed white in the spring. For a week they smelled nice and pretty and they looked beautiful and I loved to walk past them. After that week they smelled exactly like crotch. But the smell wasn't really all that different.
And how often have you been in a far corner of your house when you thought, "Oh God, what is that awful smell?" Then when your wife tells you she's stewing pot roast you think, "Ooh, that sounds delicious," and suddenly the smells is yummy.
Nasty sits right next to delicious on the smell wheel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
YES! It is completely true!
Last night we went to "88 Minutes" and during the commercials before the previews I was overwhelmed by a potty-type smell (like my daughter's diaper in the morning!) and realized it was our popcorn!
One more thing, cheetos and cheesy popcorn smell like barf--literally. Check and get back to me on your agreement.
;-)
I have not experimented with cheetos or cheesy popcorn. I'll give it a whiff.
If I throw up I'm totally blaming you.
Post a Comment