Monday, January 12, 2009

Being followed



I think this earring is following me.

I saw it in the parking lot on Thursday of last week. Then I saw it at the bus stop this morning. And, as you can tell from the picture, it has followed me to my job.

I know you think that it's probably just different earrings, and that I can't tell one from another, but it's the same earring. It's following me.

Around 4 o'clock today a guy from another suite came in with the earring in hand and asked the ladies of the office if it was theirs. They said no.

I think the earring may have limited power over the psyches of weaker willed people. On his way out the gentleman dropped the earring and proceeded out the door as if nothing had happened. Then one of the ladies in the office stopped him and pointed out that he had dropped it. So he stopped and picked it back up and then proceeded to ask if it belonged to anyone in the room. He said he was going to take it to the security guard's desk, but I suspect he probably dropped it as soon as he got out of our room. I fully expect to be confronted by the earring in the stairwell on my way home.

I have my finger nail file for protection.


Resumes Sent: 4
Stories Sent: 1
My suckitude: 5 (declining)

2 comments:

Andrea said...

maybe the earring is trying to make you see the coffee stain on the carpet there.

Also, strawberry milk still sucks. Sorry, dude.

aintshakespeare said...

Some people don't know when they are wrong. It's sad.