I screwed up. Sort of. Well, though it was probably all my fault I'm sure I could push the blame off on a number of other people, most notably Andrea. Andrea, for those of you who don't read the replies to my posts, is one of the receptionist/clerical workers/secretaries in my office, which is not actually my office, but the office of my boss. I am just one of the cogs in this wheel. So Andrea is not MY secretary. But she does do some things for me like putting Rs, Ns and Js on reports that have very little meaning to anyone at all, giving me a bunch of lip, providing me with an exhorbitant amount of empty calories through her candy dish, and, most importantly, scanning my middle school quality drawings into the computer.
So my error of the day is all Andrea's fault. I finished my drawing for last weeks letter and Andrea scanned it on Friday. It looked kind of washed out, but they always do on my work computer, so I assumed it was fine. Well, when I got home I found that it was equally washed out on my home computer, and therefore horrible. So I got out the paints and tried to make some of the color pencil colors more vivid. Well, I wound up totally screwing up the picture so I had to re-color the whole thing and now it needs to be scanned into the computer again.
So where is Andrea's fault in all of this. She isn't here today. The nerve! And just last week she told me she never gets sick. I guess she meant, "I never get sick except for next Monday." She's totally faking it.
Now because of her I cannot send this letter out which is already a couple of days late. I'll never get a job in writing and she is to blame. Everyone blame Andrea.
Oh, and in writing this complaint about her she has made me late for the staff meeting which started five minutes ago. Totally her fault as well.
Dammit.
Monday, September 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh Michael, your drawings are not middle school quality. They're late elementary at best. Well, maybe they're special ed middle school quality. Yeah, that sounds about right. Short bus middle school quality artwork.
You know I don't have to publish these horrible things you say. I only do it because I have a horribly low self esteem and I figure even though you are abusing me, at least you are talking to me.
sigh
I'm way too old to be this pathetic.
Post a Comment