So many things fit in the category of CRAP lately. Not the least of which is the most recent picture I sent to [adult swim]. In fact, the reason my follow up letter has been so late in coming is because I was so late in sending it, mostly because I simply was not satisified with the quality. The letter itself is fine, but the picture is half assed and I kept trying to make it better. For that reason I am working on a picture to submit to just you, my devoted blog readers, for you to stare at and enjoy and download to use as wall paper.
Shit. Now that I've built it up I'm going to have to spend a bit more time on it. I'll probably have it ready by Christmas.
I have called around to colleges to see what their rates are for their Animation programs. The trick is I need to take any and all classes I might possibly take at night or on-line. I cannot just quit my job, though I wish I could.
So, when in Georgia the first school you contact for an artistic degree is SCAD, right? Savannah College of Art and Design. And their Atlanta campus does have animation classes. And, as luck would have it, you can take their classes one at a time to ease the burden on your pocket book.
Well, one class at SCAD is a mere $2500.00. I know that most people out there are looking at that number and saying, "That sounds about right," but if you did one of these things:
burst into laughter,
crapped in your pants,
wept uncontrollably at the poor financial decisions you have made thus far in your life,
rubbed your eyes to see if your vision wasn't blurry,
assumed I was mistaken, OR
all of these things
then you are probably in a similar financial situation as I, and therefore will not be attending SCAD.
So then I contacted Westwood, which seems like a decent on-line school. They do offer an animation program and they do have a good deal of benefits they offer their students and alumni. If I could afford it I would probably go there. They are a bit cheaper than AIU. Still, a single term, not including books and software, is $3500.00. That's for three classes, so it's a fair sight cheaper than SCAB. Still, it is too much.
So I will not be enrolling in any animation programs in the near future. I will have to content myself with self-teaching by reading poorly written animation How To guides that offer very little insight and instruction, and spend most of their pages reminescing or boasting about the good old days of animation.
You are probably thinking, "Michael, you are a writer, not an animator. Why waste your time?"
To that I have this amazing rebuttal, "I don't know."
What I do know is my ears have kicked up their production of unruly ear hairs. And that is also CRAP.
Wednesday, September 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment