Autumn, for me, is a time of great progress and looming depression. The long and bleak winter that follows Christmas is such a drag on my light dependant body that I really do get down sometimes. Sadly, more than once in the past, this eminent cold induced funk has been so clear and anticipated by me that it has sullied what should have been the mirthful time of Thanksgiving and Christmas; kind of like wasting Friday, Saturday and Sunday mourning the fact that Monday is coming. Finally, in 2004 I actually saw a therapist about it, at my wife's behest. But, as soon as spring returned and my spirits lifted I realized that my Therapist was a nutter himself and I quit going.
The good news is that during this time I am usually fairly prolific. The bad news is it will come in great spurts with long periods of me wallowing in self pity. I hope to spare you from the latter. Another point of bad news is that most of my creativity, in the fall, is poured into music. I have yet to figure out how to subject you readers, who don't exist, to my music. Some blogs allow you to post your music. Alas, blogger does not yet. I have considered opening another such blog and linking the two, but that would require a great deal of work that I'm not certain I have in me. But I digress.
Acutally, I don't recall what I was going to say. I only know it was going to be clever, and histerically funny. But I got off on this stupid tangent about me getting depressed in the winter, which was said to lead up to a really good joke, but now I have forgotten the joke that the whole prelude preluded to.
I hate winter.
Fall is ok. Much reder and yellower and organger.
Winter blows.
Wednesday, September 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment