Good grief. I read over some of the letters recently and I have to say I'm ashamed at their quality. 22 and 24 just blow. I give them a C+ at best.
I mean, it's too late to do anything about it now, they've all been sent. I only wish I had been more critical when I was writing them. Thinking of 30+ funny ideas to write about is a lot harder than you think. You get on a real role and you start pumping out the letters one by one, then you stop and count and you have like four letters written. Then you start to beef them up with sorta-funny letters. Only what you don't realize is that most of the letters you thought were funny were your sorta-funny letters and the ones you thought were sorta-funny letters were sorta-shitty. So after you have sent 30 some-odd letters out and you cannot get them back you start to think, "Not only will [adult swim] never hire me, I'll be lucky if they don't sue me for boring them to tears." But as I said, it's too late to do anything about it now.
The final letter, which technically hasn't been sent, has been written, and I think it is pretty funny (fingers crossed). I am trying to make some nice pictures and things to go with it. I think if I do a campaign 5 I'll change my tactics. I have some ideas brewing, but I'll need a break from sending stuff out. [adult swim] will probably also need a break. I imagine it is tireing caring my letters from the mailbox to the trash can.
!Viva la Michaelco!
Wednesday, April 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment