When I wrote this letter I didn't much care for it, but I went through a little dry spell and I needed to send something in. So I scratched this mistake onto paper and thus it went. For my two cents it's one of the weakest letters I sent. With my luck it will be the one letter they open:
"Oh, dammit. It's another letter from the Michael guy."
"Well maybe we should finally open one of these and read it."
"Why? I bet they suck. If he was any good we'd have heard of him."
"It could be good. What if he's an up-coming star?"
"Not likely. Ten bucks says it blows."
"Ok, your on."
-they read the letter-
"Ok, that blew. You owe me ten bucks."
"Yeah, your right. That was lame as crap. And now I'm pissed at that Michael guy. If we see any more of those letters just toss 'em straight into the shredder."
"Like all of the one's before this one."
"Yeah."
Judge for yourself:
Dear [adult swim],
I dream about being rich sometimes. I wouldn't mind it, but who would really? I am horrible with money, which is why I have none. It's also why I have a whole bunch of plastic broken shit. My house is made of particle board.
So anyway, sometimes I dream I make it big. Usually I dream that I struggle against the odds, with a nemesis or two, and I toild to create something wonderful. And then reluctantly, and quite unexpectedly, I make a fortune.
Other times I dream I win the lottery. It's easier. My mental RAM doesn't get all tied in knots thinking of back stories and contract negotiations and years of development and... reality. -sigh-
If I had money the first thing I'd do is get my cable turned back on. I haven't had cable for months. I'm trying to pay a debt off responsibly. Then I can have my shows back. I have to get my cartoon fixes on line and that really does tie my RAM in knots.
Anyway, I've been reading a lot of books lately. Thought you want to know that. Soon my brain will reach critical mass.
So far I can't see what the big appeal is. I mean books are "cool." I've "learned to read." I can "use my imagination." But books simply don't replace cable. I can't open a book at 1 AM and "accidentally" find soft core porn.
But I've read like a thousand books since my cable was cut off. Some where between twenty and a thousand. Yesterday my father told me I was becoming "quite cultured." Lickily I was only on the second story when I threw myself out the window.
Now I have to pay for that window before I can get my cable.
Michael
March 16, 2007
Monday, April 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment