Dear [adult swim],
Last night I dreamed that I worked for you again. This dream was even more disturbing than the last one where I was made of Play Doh.
In this dream there were no real offices at Williams Street. There was only a labrynth of unlit hallways with desks and tables randomly throwin in odd corners for people to stand at and work. There were no chairs. On a rare occasion there was a door that may have hidden an office, but the doors were always closed.
Typically I worked at what would be a small end table. I didn't have a computer or anything like that. I don't even know what I did. I only know that I worked at a machine that looked like the old Micro Fiche machines in libraries. The blue glow from the looking glass was the only light I had to work by.
I busted my hump for the short period of time that I worked there, and when my project was over you all decided to throw me a congratulations party. There was a long table and a huge feast. I was enjoying myself quite a bit when I saw a sliver of light coming over the horizon and I realized that it was sunrise.
That's also when I realized that I was not just Michael but also Lestat from Anne Rice's vampire novels. This was before he was so powerful that he was immune to sunlight. So I had to run from the party and try to find a safe, dark place I could hole up until sunset. I made it to an unused closet just in time.
The next day, oddly, I wasn't Lestat anymore. I was just me. And I didn't know if you had hired me on full-time because I had to duck out of the party early. When I got to work the Williams Street Doberman, named Pretty, was standing at the end of the entrance hallway growling. He remembered me though, and he let me through.
Then the dream got really frustrating as I spent my whole work day in a glass elevator trying to find my workspace. (I had watched Willy Wonka earlier that evening, which probably explains this part of the dream.) By the time I found my desk it was time for me to go home. So I went to the top of the building and hopped on one of the company issued hover-bikes and rode home.
It's only a matter of time.
Michael
March 18, 2007
Ps. So you know, in my dream everyone was happy I was working for you. There were a couple of people who kept trying to trip me up. But I'm pretty sure they were just jealous of my comedic prowess and my superior ninja skills.
Wednesday, April 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
If you were Lestat, even for a few minutes, then I am ecstatic!
That dream actually happened. There was more to it, though. I dreamed my father showed up to the congratulations party three sheets to the wind and I had to ask him to leave. My father has never done anything like that in his life, so I don't know where that was coming from.
When I was Lestat in the dream I actually looked like a cartoon version of Tom Cruise as Lestat. People were hunting me all over town too. It was actually a very fun and trippy dream. It's one of the ones I enjoyed remembering.
Oh, except for the part about the [adult swim] employees trying to trip me up. That part was not enjoyable. It was nerve racking. They kept asking me questions about animation, but they weren't real questions. Or if they were real questions then they were totally beyond my skill level.
Anyway, I've been studying animation books since that dream, just in case.
Post a Comment