Friday, April 16, 2010

The Last Loop

I've reached the last loop on my belt. I'm 25 pounds over weight. Not bad by normal U.S. standards, but far worse than I ever wanted to be.

I'm only 5'7" so my projected weight is 130 to 140 pounds. I weigh 165.

I'm not about to turn this blog into a Weight Watchers convention. However, I have always been of the mindset that life is holistic. You cannot separate your body from you mind. As goes one so goes the other.

And if I am honest with myself I will note that as my ass has become increasing sewn to the sofa my writing has become increasingly decreased. I have not felt the surge of inspiration that I once did.

In other words my fat blood has slowed down my brain.

In all things exercise and practice are necessary. That includes writing and creativity. I have gotten lazy with my body and lazy with my writing. I think the two are linked. I need to exercise my mind with writing practice. And I need to exercise my body. And by exercising my body my mind will be refreshed with more oxygen and healthier blood/hormones/nutrients/etc.

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah... and blah.

How this affects my blog:

In addition to exercising more to get my pants to fit the way they were designed, I am going to start writing to the blog more. I'm going to write even when I don't have anything to say. Hopefully we'll find that eventually I'll be funny again. I've pretty much failed with this post.

No comments: