Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Bad Dreams

I had a pretty bad dream the other night. I don't usually have "good" dreams that I remember. A rare few have crept through to my consciousness, but even those were not terribly note worthy. I once had a dream that I went to a garage sale and bought a Star Wars figure for a buck and the lady was trying to get rid of her stuff so she just gave me the rest of her collection, which was considerable.

Of course, that dream turned out to be very frustrating when I woke up and realized it hadn't happened.

No, most of my dreams are disturbing or scary. Or sometimes they are dreams come true with a horrible twist. Like I had a dream that I finally got an interview with Adult Swim, but the whole thing went horribly. They kept asking me all kinds of intensely technical questions that I did not know the answers to. The interview was intensely nerve racking and I woke up tired.

The other night I had another bad dream. It probably all stems from the fact that I have been feeling fatter and fatter lately. But in my dream an ugly goblin rendered me down to my most basic form and all that was there was two buckets of fat. Then he poured me into some dirt and as he poured me I took the form of an upright fat, pink pig. It was really horrible. So I have decided that I need to start exercising again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And maybe see a therapist...

aintshakespeare said...

No. I've seen a therapist. I told him I thought I had ADD an he put me on medication. Then I started having dreams about living people rotting to death and falling apart where they stood. Oh it was disgusting. The therapist's comment was, "Yeah, those drugs will mess with your dreams."

Later I was telling him about my inability to focus and keeps on task and he said, I kid you not, "You might actually have ADD."

That was my last therapy session.