Tuesday, April 04, 2006

By the way

Please forgive me for not posting any letters today. On Monday I posted three in a row while I was bored at work. However, when I packed up to go I left my writing folder on my desk with the copies of all of my letters in it. I'm off work today so I clearly have no way of updating my blog.

If I am really lucky my boss will go into my office looking for my reports. We have several programs that write reports and one of them is called the Report Writer. My boss could reasonably assume that the folder with all of my [adult swim] letters in it, titled Writer, is my report folder. And he may, quite honestly, rummage through that folder and find that I have been actively pursuing another job.

One can only hope.

Hopefully he won't draw the conclusion that I have been pursuing another job while on the clock; even though it is technically true. It would be unfair for him to draw that conclusion because he has no proof. All the evidence, though accurate and true, is purely circumstantial.

"I know how this looks, sir," I would say, "But you cannot just assume that I have been looking for work on the job."

"But you have been looking for other work, right?" he would then say and I would stare blankly. Ok, let's hope he doesn't take that route, even though it is a fairly logical way for him to go. Let's try it again.

"I know how this looks, sir," I would say, "But you cannot just assume that I have been looking for work on the job."

"Well, have you?" he would ask. Dammit, if he asks that then I'll be forced into a lie or be fired situation. Let us hope that he won't ask that either, even though it is an equally logical way for him to go. Let us hope he takes a different line of conversation:

"I know how this looks, sir," I would say, "But you cannot just assume that I have been looking for work on the job."

"Have you tried the new Wendy's Southwest Chicken Salad?" he would ask.

"Actually yes. It is yummy isn't it?"

"Yes, here is the folder. I'm sorry I misjudged you."

"No problem."


Yeah, that's logical. Let's hope it goes that way.

No comments: